It was only a mild heart attack, really.

Last Wednesday was a very windy day here in the Queen City. And as a result, two smaller trees were blown over to rest on the powerline that connects our house to the main powerline. I fell asleep for a nap around 3:30 p.m., woke up at around 4:45 p.m. and the power was out in the entire house. I called Duke Power to let them know about this and that there was obviously a "power-line danger" in the back yard for myself, my roommates and our dogs. The operator tells me that the problem should be repaired by 7 p.m.

Twenty minutes later the power comes on. Trees are still resting on the line. Okay, whatever. We have power. I CBB. And I head to Starbucks for my 6 p.m. meeting with my friend (and new bridal client) Rachel. 

Come home, make dinner and climb into bed to watch DVR'd shows (The City, Gossip Girl, Brothers & Sisters) as it's Wednesday night (poker with the boys night for McDreamy, so its a quiet night at home for me!) and don't really think anything else of it.

And then we (Honey and I) are startingly (that may be an understatement) awakened ... as in the both of us completely fly off/out of the bed, heart pounding, wanting to scream WHAT IN THE HECK IS THAT WRETCHED NOISE??

As I come to consciousness from my slumber, I begin to realize the sound is a chainsaw. CHAINSAW! And then I realize it's approximately 2:30 a.m. Okay, it's 2:30 and I hear a chainsaw... outside MY bedroom window. The dogs are going bezerk, my house is in absolute pandemonium as all (currently there are four of us living there) are trying to wake up and understand why it sounds as though the Chainsaw Massacre is being filmed outside my bedroom window in our backyard ... and then I remember. Duke Power. Super.

Please, for the love of God, please just hurry up and finish so that I can return to sleep! (Meanwhile, I swear the guy is revving the engine of the chainsaw (really? at 2:30 a.m.?? is it necessary?) and finally, the lights outside stop flashing, the noise quiets and I think I can finally go to sleep.

And, then, he rings the doorbell. Needless to say, no one in the house got up to answer it.

Comments

Popular Posts