UPDATE: High-altitude headache

Remember back in June when I made my little trip to Vail while sick with numerous ailments? (Ugh. I get a pain in my ears just thinking about it.) My blog entry about my trip upon return wasn't very descriptive and I didn't have much to say as I had major recuperating to do. (See High Altitude Headache posted Fri. June 23)

So, I had to write about that trip for the Winter issue of Destination Weddings & Honeymoons (yeah, you know that bridal/travel mag I work for) ... we're putting the issue to bed this week and it's been crazy busy and lots of long nights. But, that's beside the point ... here's what I finally had to say about Cordillera. (This is a small blurb on our Love @ Large theme page with write-ups of four other mountain retreats.)

The Lodge & Spa at Cordillera, Colorado

Longtime visitors to Vail are known to complain that the Valley has become too crowded of late. But you won’t notice here. Accommodations at this 56-room mountaintop retreat have luxe touches like vaulted ceilings and in-room fireplaces. But the best amenity is space: the Lodge sits on 6,500 acres north of Vail mountain, giving it a serene, intimate vibe that can’t be found closer to town. The world-renowned slopes of Vail Valley are a 15 minute drive away, but you may opt to stay onsite and soak up the solitude while snowmobiling through Colorado backcountry or sipping hot chocolate on a starlit sleigh ride. Doubles from $250. 866-650-ROCK, cordillera.rockresorts.com – Melissa Lamkin (Winter 2006 issue, Destination Weddings & Honeymoons magazine)

Are you booking your trip yet? ☺

Comments

Popular Posts