In 2009 ...

Photo: Amy Free

Photo: Amy Free




I laughed until I cried with one of my best friends. Flew in the Red Bull sea plane. Ran my first 5k competitively. Met four good friends newborn babies and wanted to cover them in kisses (the babies, not the friends.) Snuggled with Swankypooch. Started working in NASCAR. Went to my first NASCAR race. Went to 7 weddings. Looked at my dog and when I thought about just how much I love her I realized that's how much God loves us. Spent my weekends in the summer by the pool. Suffered a broken heart. Was on live television. Started volunteering with Goodwill and Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. Became a co-chair of the RMH of Charlotte upcoming Girls Night Out fashion show event. Ran a lot. Mastered a homemade chicken pot pie. Cried. Treated myself to dinner at my favorite restaurants, repeatedly. Went to my first movie by myself. Drank wine. Laughed some more. Ran a lot. Styled a NASCAR driver in a photo shoot. Was challenged in so many ways - emotionally, creatively, personally, professionally. Learned to work an ESPN television camera from the roof of Chicagoland Speedway. Styled three friends weddings — words can't describe the emotion you feel when you see a dear friend in her wedding gown. Started writing my book. Stopped writing my book. Started writing my book, again. Smiled inside after a date. Cried inside after a date. Ate truffle fries at Soul. Danced the Cupid shuffle. Bought so many baby shower gifts I can now navigate Babies'R'Us better than the Teeter. Learned I had high cholesterol. Found out it is from drinking coffee out of a french press. Stopped drinking coffee out of a french press. Walked with my dog to Starbucks on Saturday mornings. Walked on the beach by myself. Danced in my underwear alone in my bedroom. Sang loudly in the car by myself (even if it was out of tune.) Read a lot of books. Lost a best friend. Started setting boundaries and keeping them. Did something really dumb at work. Cherished a five hour flight delay with 10 friends in DFW airport. Interviewed an NFL player. Ate a lot of sushi. Learned a lot about myself. Ran. Got a stress fracture from all the running. Stopped running for almost three months. Met new friends that have encouraged and inspired me. Devoured Customshop bread pudding on numerous occasions. Finally learned to do the smokey-eye look (myself) without looking like a hooker or goth kid. Sent out holiday cards with pictures of me and my dog. I loved, laughed, learned, cried, sang, danced and prayed.



Photo: LaDon George

Photo: LaDon George

Photo: Mark Sluder

Comments

Popular Posts