Oh yes. I did it. And I can't wait until the next one.

Post-run photo

I ran my first 5k competitively (instead of just-for-fun) this past Saturday in the Komen Race for the Cure here in Charlotte. And, I did it in 31 minutes and 22 seconds ... word. (That's about a 9 - 9 1/2 minute mile, right?) Yessssss.

I ran the race in honor of my cousin Shannon and my friend Pamela ... both Breast Cancer Survivors and amazing women. And was thrilled to be a member of the Williams Warriors, a team formed by Carolina Panthers' DeAngelo Williams in honor of his mother, Sandra, a 5-year breast cancer survivor! Our team raised a total of $29,979.82, of which we'll be presenting to the Charlotte Komen Foundation during the Panthers v. Redskins game this Sunday in Charlotte.

It was pretty cool to be done with my morning run before 8 a.m. on a Saturday, too!! Next one planned is the Dowd YMCA Run on Nov. 7th!

Comments

Popular Posts