Rear yellow stripes ...

That's what they give Rookie's on the NASCAR race circuit ... two yellow stripes on the back bumper signaling the experienced drivers while on the track ...

Since I'm now working in the sport and last weekend was my first taste of NASCAR, it's essentially my rookie season ... this is gonna be fun!

Just a short list of what we accomplished:

Met and interviewed Nationwide Series Drivers Burney Lamar (he's the hubby of Niki Taylor) and Steven Wallace (son of Rusty Wallace)




Rubbing elbows (well, sort-of) with notables in attendance on raceday - Tom Cruise, Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman and Gene Hackman , Tim Tebow (I still hate the Gators), and Steve Spurrier ...

Photo: LaDon George

Urban performed two of his songs, "Sister Golden Hair" and "Sweet Thing" acoustically during his press conference in the media center. Watch the video or listen to the entire press conference here. It was awesome.

Photo: Jim Fluharty

I snapped a few photos with the Pace Car for my dad ...



And, who can forget the decor of our condo rental for the weekend ... circa, say, 1981?

Oh, and my sweet aunt and uncle drove all the way to Daytona from about 45 minutes away just to take me back to their house and serve me a home cooked meal and hang out before driving me all the way back!


I finally met my cousin Heather's new baby... Charlie (short for Charlotte Rose) ...



She's five months old now but she is a chunky little cutie...

But seriously, the race, standing on pit road amongst drivers and their families and teams while Gavin Degraw sang the National Anthem was really awesome and I can't wait for my next race. :)

Comments

Popular Posts