Party of the year

I spent Saturday evening at C A P I T O L, in what I've decided has been the most fabulous fashion fete of the year in Charlotte.

Laura Vinroot Poole, hosted the event at the store, located in The Shops at Morrison in South Park.

While sipping a delicious Firefly lemonade-sweet-tea-vodka cocktail, Rachel Sutherland and I rubbed shoulders with the who's who from Charlotte and the fashion world. We personally conversed with not only Laura, but Richard Vinroot (former Charlotte Mayor and Poole's father), Erin Fetherston and the Rodarte sister's (Kate and Laura Mulleavy). (It was all I could do not to blurt "I kind-of love you" to Barrie Benson, when she stepped on the elevator with us.) Chandra Johnson, wife of NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson and Ken Thompson, former Wachovia CEO were also spotted amongst those mingling about the store's new 6,000 square foot space.

Other celeb/designer sightings: Barbara Tfank, Brian Reyes, Chris Benz and Eva Amurri (I couldn't take my eyes off of her boots!) and  Alexandra Kotur, Vogue Senior Features Editor and Lauren Goodman, Fashion Director of Domino magazine. 

I can't decide if my most memorable moment was...

as Rachel and I were speaking with Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte. Laura was wearing two gorgeous necklaces, one with various charms (she pointed out the small black cat) and Kate said they were designed by their jewelry designer mother, who's collection "is only available at Barney's" ...

-or-

When another party guest walked up to us while chatting with Morgan and Leigh (both C A P I T O L shop gals) with a mason jar full of moon shine (plum favored) and said Laura had asked that we all give it a try...

-or-

When I noticed Erin Fetherston walking in the direction of Rachel and I and she sticks out her hand and says "Hi, I'm Erin Fetherston" and strikes up a conversation with the two of us. She was lovely (and very tall.)

To read a proper (and much better) review of the party ... check out Rachel's Style blog(Apparently, I need to watch my photo angles ... do you see how LARGE my arm looks? Let's just say I was having a little difficulty balancing a clutch and cocktail this weekend. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts