Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Yep! That's me! Today is the B-I-G day. Gulp.

Last night, I tossed and turned in bed. Seriously. I was freaking. Oh my heavens! It's the last day of my twenties! LAST DAY! What do I do? I can't go back? Will I be too old to go out and shake what my momma gave me (it ain't much ... don't worry ... I have no-ass-at-all)??? Do I have to start dating old, divorced men now? Will people think I'm a cougar? (Oh, ohhhh ... I just looked up the definition of cougar on UrbanDictionary.com. I'm all good ... no worries there. Seems I have 10 more years before I get there. ;) Is my metabolism going to slow down ... or God forbid ... stop? (eeeek!)

Somehow, I catch some shut-eye and when I woke up this morning, I decided to embrace this monumental birthday. I might be thirty... but I'm still flirty and I am thriving. (I'm fabulous, bitches. DUH.) I'm older, so I must be wiser, right? (This is where you say "yes" nod your head and agree.)

This is the start of a new decade in my life (is it the third?) and I'm gonna make it a good one. I've really grown alot in the last year (since I moved to Charlotte)... I've learned so much about myself, my family, my friends, (ahem, men) and what's important, what isn't important and what is important that I need to make NOT so important. (Are you still with me here?)

Happy Birthday to me!! I have fabulous friends who have planned a fabulous party ... there's supposed to be like 70 people in attendance (and, ironically, the one person who I'd really like to be there won't) so I'm gonna get dressed, look fabulous and have a fabulous time. (And try to say fabulous as many times as I can today ... kidding, natch)

Hey, thirties, whatcha got? Bring it on. We're talking about Swanky here, so, chances are ... it's already been brought'n.

Comments

Popular Posts