Goodbye 407. Hello 704.

It is now official. I'm leaving my "uber-cool" job of traveling the world (well, the Caribbean & Hawaii, at least), for another "uber-cool" job ... I'll be a full time stylist at Neiman Marcus in Charlotte. I'm anxious but excited as I'm leaving "Whorelando" - land of spandex, psychos and Disney tourons- for "the Queen City" - land of Southern boys galore (mmm, mmm), REAL sweet tea and most importantly - two hours from my family!!! (NO more 6 hour drives!)



It's been a tough decision – but, I know where my heart is and it's in the Neiman's job. (And I'll take Charlotte over Orlando – any day of the week!) It's an amazing opportunity (not to mention a fab discount ☺) and I'll learn so much more about what I really want to do than I can from my current position. My passion is fashion (so cliché, I know) and it's what I'm good at … so I'm going to keep doing it.



Moving to Orlando over a year ago was one of the best decisions I've ever made. This job afforded me the opportunity to see many places and do things I never dreamed of. I've seen the sunrise over a mountain in Vail, Colorado, the lights on the strip in Vegas, swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and watched the most beautiful sunset in the world in Hawaii – just to name a FEW. My time in O-town definitely wasn't the easiest 15 months (I sure had fun, though) but I have learned so much about myself as a person (and what my true career goals are). That, I think, is priceless. I think if you go and do something that makes you grow and mature as a person, then you've done something good… no matter how difficult it is.



I've met some of the most amazing people in this city and created some of the strongest friendship bonds I think I'll ever have. Leaving my friends will be the hardest part (saying 'sayonara!' to this city, will not) but I truly think it will be worth it in the long run.


Comments

Popular Posts